Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Touch down in Taupo

The plan was to leave Auckland just after 9am, and head south to Taupo, location of the NZ Ironman.  Approx 3.5hr drive.  I can't confirm I got everything but the car was full, we have a bike on the roof and the Nespresso safely stashed on the back seat :)

An eventful trip down, as Liza had to do a little work, however this was ok as she was informed they had won some business which they had been working on.  A great ups for her and team, I could see the world lift from her shoulders and a tremendous grin from ear to ear. Awesome work my love!, now lets hope I can round it out with a finish on Saturday.

Arrived in plenty of time to have a quick lunch then off to see Julie for a final massage. We wondered back to town for a spot of shopping (groceries only). We took the opportunity to visit the expo today as it will get busy tomorrow. Scored an awesome Ironman wheel bag which holds 2 wheels for a low $20. I know!!!! Liza scored herself a supporters hoody :)

The weather is great! And there is a heap of tanned fit looking people around town, lucky I have had an attitude change, otherwise one may begin to feel a little intimidated and out of their league. But not me :)

1 comment:

  1. Man - Taupo is turning on the weather, and the town is buzzing. Just so glad that I have made it to be here for this prelim lead up to the main event. The friends and family arrive over the next few days, so we will enjoy the quiet tonight :)

    ReplyDelete