Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 February 2013

The best laugh for a while, thanks CM

Yesterday (Monday) was an recovery day and hence only an easy 45min run on the cards.  I felt strong and comfortable, however today back into a hard one but ONLY a 5hr BRICK session, which makes a change from the twice weekly BRICKs I have been doing.  But goodness me it was a hard one and I did not feel comfortable running at all, what the ??? I thought I had got over these types of sessions.

The best part of today was calling into a local cafe on the way home, getting a "Almond Croissant" (blame the sister in-law who popped round with one the other day) and sitting down to scoff it with a Nespresso coffee mmm :).  But the absolute joy of my day, sorry Camp Mother but it did bring a smile to my face! was hearing about how CM had picked her bike up after an expensive servicing, took it out on a bunch ride where the pedal fell off.  Every time I read her email I can barely get to the end before I burst into laughter ....

Got the blood test results today, seems my iron is 132, which is fantastic given less than 12 months ago is ranged between 4 and 10.  Way to go Doc!.  The other good news is that my B12 was low, so off for a B12 jab later today.  Lack of B12 does cause me to be a bit snappy and hard to concentrate, so yay at least I was allowed to be moody :) By the time I return to Auckland, visiting family in ChCh for the rest of this week, I should be back to my normal self, well that is what Liza is hoping anyway ... :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah go on, laugh at my expense now, but we'll be getting the last laugh soon enuf my friend. Just you wait !
    PS. I think you meant to say picked her "bike" up.
    PSS. Did you gat a shot of EPO whilst you were at the docs. If its good enuf for Lance ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just imagining a pedal attached to your shoe, and having a wee chuckle myself. I hope you gave the bike shop assholes for a crappy service.

    A 5 hour brick - amazing that the journey has brought you so far that this is considered a small brick these days - way to go honey - you are doing awesome with your training.

    ReplyDelete