Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 February 2013

A Conspiracy!

Friday was a great day, firstly it was a 'rest' day from training and secondly it was my last day of work for the next 4 weeks i.e. returning 1 week after the race :) And it was date night !!! Liza took me to our new local (2min walk from home) fine dining restaurant 'The Engine Room', which I would highly recommend!

Saturday morning and BRICK time again.  Today the support committee did a tag team affair with Nana meeting me for a swim (60min), Camp Mother taking on the bike (4hrs) and Gusy finishing out the run (80min).  It is only now that I think they had conspired to make it one of the hardest sessions possible.  Nana made me swim out to bouy 4 and back, whilst she headed to bouy 2.  Camp Mother told me off for slacking on her effort sessions, so I ended up gunning it! which hurt.  Then Gusy changed my planned run route and added a few hills and Im sure I ran further than I would have, I expect she kept picking up the pace so I had to run faster.  Im onto you buggars!

But I managed and actually enjoyed it!, even the run which I normally hate.  I felt strong and like I could have run a lot further.  Which is a good feeling leading into race day.  But I gotta admit when I got home I was stuffed and Im picking it will be early to bed as I contemplate tomorrows 6hr bike ride :)

Thanks ladies you did awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad we had Friday night to enjoy good company, great food, and lovely wine. What an awesome evening. Loving the fact the girl haven taken you under their wings and are tag teaming on the training. You guys are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete