Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Late equipment change??

Sexy new runners :)
The dilemma ! my current runners are great and have never given me a blister etc... but they are now 2 years old and have done a lot of miles.  Today my new shoes arrived YAY, same make, style and size as the old ones and hence I would expect to form the same trustworthy relationship.  But given it is only 9 days until race day, do you break the golden rule and do a late equipment change ???  I have decided to give them a few days trial run and see what happens  ......

Caught up with coach today for the pre event talk, tweaked the training schedule to help aid recovery of this stupid COLD.  And talked over the race plan, transitions and special need bags ..... The super scary thought is this time next week we will be in Taupo doing the final countdown.

Liza and I enjoyed a nice evening stroll, see photo taken at our local beach 'Little Shoal Bay'

Me at our local beach, Harbour Bridge and City in the background

1 comment:

  1. Its ok - the new runners are fitting well, but you can take both pair of shoes down and decide on the day you take your gear in. Great walk to the local beach, though I was glad for the ride home - thanks Bethan!!

    ReplyDelete