Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The cost of Ironman

Yesterday I did as instructed and skipped the days training for a day of rest, luckily I did! Because coach rang last night to check up on me.  Oh man!  Today was to be a 90min run, but coach slimmed it down to 70min and told me to listen to my body.  I can say in the first 15min of the run the body was saying STOP, but I soon talked it round and we managed to pull off a steady 70min run.  The breathing was a up bit up and down with the COLD and all, but I just got it into a rythmn and it seemed to sort itself.

On the COLD front Im feeling a little worse today, poor Liza, who also now has a runny nose, didn't get much sleep as I kept tosing and turning.  At one point she woke me as apparently it sounded like I was having trouble breathing.  I hope she makes it to race day as all whom know her, understand she needs her full 8hrs sleep every night!

With this extra time resting I decided to do a calculation on the cost of doing an Ironman.  The below table shows approx. only based on the last 12 months, it excludes time from work, doctor visits and other items which I probably should have included but when I summed it, I decided it was best not to add anymore.  It certainly is an expensive hobby :)


NOTE: On further assessment it seems some of these are a little lite i.e. pre-events, shoes, clothing etc... the actual cost more in the ball park of 15-18k

1 comment:

  1. yep - it makes golf look pretty darn cheap!!!!

    ReplyDelete