Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Carbo loading

For the last few months, since Xmas, I have either cut back or given up lollies, soft drink and potatoe chips. But wouldn't you know it, reading the Australian Institute of Sport article on "carbo loading" which is about increasing the bodies stores of glycogen to help with sustained performance.  Essentially it recommends high density carbs such as sugar found in lollies and soft drink to help top up your normal diet :) BUGGAR

Because I'm so dedicated I trotted off to the supermarket to purchase some ironman essentials (code for lollies) oh man! Sprung by coach at the self checkout.  DOUBLE BUGGAR.  Now you may be thinking what's the issue, I'm thinking one bag of lollies would have been ok, unfortunately I had three bags.

Today has been an awesome day, I'm loving the new attitude, it has resulted in a relaxing and enjoyable day with a swim and ride with Gusy and lunch with Lydia. I even went to see the Doc to make sure this COLD is sorting itself out, which it is.  Then to top it all off, my Bro rang and sent a very nice and emotional email saying he was proud.  Nice one, it means a lot!

Tomorrow we head to Taupo ....

1 comment:

  1. lol - I think it is hilarious that coach sprung you - even more hilarious is the fact that your mates are eating lollies to 'carb load' with you!

    ReplyDelete