Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 January 2013

Less than 24 hours at Home

When you got friends like mine, it's amazing what crazy things you can fit into less than 24 hours.  After our exciting Christmas in Christchurch, Liza and I returned to Auckland on December 28th, flying out to Samoa the following day.

But hey, don't let a quick overnight to do washing and repack prevent a training run!.  Approx 26 degrees and at least 100% humidity!!! It felt like the longest 14k I had run in my life.  Jason and CM were running faster and faster, at the end I was a good 100 metres behind.  Turns out they had more motivation to finish since their drink bottles were in their cars, whereas I had mine attached to the hip (stolen Liza's hydration belt to practice taking on fluids whilst running)

Mid to long runs just gives the support committee too much time to think!, by the end of the run they had determined we needed to do more running at 2-3pm as this is likely when I will start the running leg in Taupo.  Gosh I hope it is not this hot !!!

Thanks ladies it was a good run :)

2 comments:

  1. Gotta say, that was one of the hardest runs I've ever done. SOOOOO hot and humid. Don't envy you if its like that come March 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad every one else thought it was hard. I dropped off the pace early on and realised that too much xmas cheer was catching up with me. Good work Camp Mother and Jason - your guys are really inspiring and your committment to help Chris is just fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete