Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 January 2013

ooh Nice One Coach :)

In the last 4 days I have competed in a 110k road race (bike), brick session, 1 hr run and a 6 hr brick ... so todays 3 ish hour run was a winner!.  Had to run in the heat of the day, so I am feeling weary and have tired legs, and this is before I have even been for the run.

No wonder coach said 3 hr runs are sufficient, I didn't take into account her sneaky plan to tire me out in the days leading up to these runs, NICE ONE!.

According to the map I only managed around 19k in my 3 hrs, a bit poorly.  But I was happy that I forced myself to run even thou the body and the legs would have happily laid down for a rest.

My fluid intake seemed to work good, again I had a full gel followed by lots of water to wash it down.  During the run I consumed 2 full bottles of fluid, one of which I had to buy enroute.  I then drank another full bottle of water after the run and ate some food.  No stomach cramps to report :)

I had to do my stretching today as the legs are really feeling it!.  We move to our new home tomorrow, so although it is a scheduled recovery day I expect I will be on my feet for most of it.  Im picking we will be in bed by 8pm.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the move. Stretch everyday

    ReplyDelete
  2. moving, schmoving. Its such a pain to have to move, but its to our home so its worth it

    ReplyDelete