Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 January 2013

Rescue Remedy - Really?

From Monday my work hours decrease to 2 days per week and then eventually no work until race day.  Lucky I got 36 days annual leave to soak up so we wont get hit with reduced income, good job too since we just brought a new house.

So as indicated now kicks in the full time training ... visited coach yesterday to get my training plans from now until the big day.  On further review the program is not as heavy as I was expecting, for example
  • Longest continuous session just over 6 hours (60min Swim, 4hr bike and 80min run)
  • Longest Bike 6 hours
  • Longest Swim 90min
  • Longest Run 3 hours
  • Avg training 25 hours per week
  • One Day Off
  • Tapper from Feb 18th, travel to Taupo on 27th Feb, race 2nd Mar
And to be honest I did question whether 3 hour run sessions are sufficient given I expect to be on the run course for a good 6 hours minimum.  But as she said I don't plan to run the marathon, it will definately be a run/walk and maybe crawl affair.  And dont forget my goal is too merely finish within the time limit, certainly no desire to qualify for Kona :)

So coach, I have faith! and I will focus on doing what you tell me and making sure hard sessions are HARD and easy are EASY and I promise to do nothing stupid to get injured!

Of our entire discussion the most memorable was a suggestion to use 'rescue remedy', serious!  Now I always thought that was something you gave to the cat.  And for sure I have never been one to consider using anything like this previously.  But I gotta say in the last week or so, realization is starting to set in. Not sure if it is nerves or what but the body has suddenly taken on the need for emergency bathroom stops every time I train! and the stomach feels like it did before I raced the Half Ironman in Taupo but all the time, and yesterday when I watched the Ironman NZ video online, I cried like a baby !!!! Cricky.

Man I want it BAD, I dream about reaching the finish line !  What a girl !

1 comment:

  1. trust your coach - she has a plan, and it sounds like a good one! And yes, you are stubborn and will drag yourself (crawling if necessary!) over the line, that is for sure. Just keep up the good work, dont lose your mojo and be as confident as ever. You can do this Chris and you are doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete