Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 January 2013

A call for advice

Yesterday was BRICK time again starting with a swim with the Tri Squad at 6am, then home for breaky and on the bike for a 4hr ride, then home for a 70min walk/run.  After several long rides (from 4-6 hrs) every few days Im starting to feel the tenderness on the soft tissue of the fanny.  In todays ride I noticed I am rolling my hips back to move the pressure back to my bones, but this means I don't have a straight back, which then gives me sore shoulders.  So a call out to all ladies who ride long on a regular basis ???  PS Liza says the skin looks like a broken blister and is a bit weepy.

My nutrition plan seems to be working, solid food for breaky and on the bike.  Drinking nuun tablets in my water and take the tube so I can drop in a tablet everytime I refill the bottle.  Drinking approx. 1 bottle every hour.  In transition between bike and run I down a tube of gel (yuck!) quickly followed by a heap of water.  This seems to work on the run with no more issues on sore stomach.  Sweet!

4 comments:

  1. Apply Rule #5 to your fanny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found this forum, very interesting and focuses on the soft tissue rather than bike sores (which I don't have) :)

    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/archive/index.php/t-2251.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness me - I would like to say "TOO MUCH INFORMATION".

    ReplyDelete
  4. My recommendation/what I do which seems to work: Apply vaseline to the area before heading out on the bike, then after having a shower and air drying the area, CAREFULLY apply savlon cream to the affected area.

    K.

    ReplyDelete