Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Emergency Stops

Awesome swim last night, although a windy day, it was flat at Takapuna Beach.  Jason and I went for a recovery swim and by chance hooked up with some other mates so repeated our swim back out to bouy 2.  So we did great, beach to bour 1,2 then 3 and back again, then repeated bouy 1 to 2 and back via 1 to the beach.  Can you believe one of our mates suggested my wetsuit is two sizes to big! cricky I would hate to try and squeeze all these mountains and valleys into a smaller rubber suite!!! Besides it took me 15mins to peel it off after our swim.  I must get me some of that lubricant stuff so it slides off with ease :) 

This morning meet the girls for a planned 2 hour run.  I had always laughed at Liza's phone app which shows all public toilets in NZ.  I needed it this morning! Lucky for me I was running with locals who got me to the closest toilet for an emergency stop.  The tummy this morning was making all sorts of noises and it would appear running was not helping.  The girls headed in different directions after an hour or so, I kept running but it wasn't long before I had to do another emergency stop.  So after 90mins I gave in and headed home.  I really must look at the food intake, this would be my worst fear on the day, I mean what do you do if there ain't a porta loo near by???

Anyhow the tum is still not 100% so I have taken the day off.  I have been using this time wisely and ready the Ironman race rules.  Do you know that crawling is an approved locomotion in the run leg, serious! see for yourself below.


1 comment:

  1. i am just imagining hundreds of ironman participants is a mass 'locomotion'....tuning in to Kylie Minogue now....
    " everybody's doing a brand new dance now.....c'mon baby do the locomotion..."

    ReplyDelete