Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 January 2013

And so it begins ...

Cricky a fantastic ride on Sunday! but I was buggared and by the sounds so was everyone else.  The goal was 80k of hills and no riding in the granny gear!  CM, Jason, Julie and Katie (oh and some random guy who hooked on the back) met up at the cafe at Smales Farm, most road to the start point from home. 

Stretching, again !
First major hill (excluding Waiaru) was Albany, and the chase was on as we all clicked into mid low gear and raced each other up the hill.  Of course every hill had a corresponding down hill.  CM managed 78k on one of the downhill legs, don't worry Liza I was very conservative :)

The entire ride was a blast with everyone taking on each other at every hill.  For me, by the time we hit the undulating Beach Road on they way back (after we had done Albany hill one more time!) my left quad was starting to tweak, with fear of major cramping (which hurts like a $%^$! on such a big muscle) I eased off and admit I resorted to the granny.

When we reached the cafe, we all were stretching, I think we had too otherwise no one would be able to move.  Again I have included photo evidence :)  It was an awesome ride and marks the start to the training build up.... which really kicks in from next week...

2 comments:

  1. ouch - big gears up the hills and many hours on the seat - you guys are crazy and committed! Well done, top effort, and I am sure the random bloke who tagged along enjoyed riding with you all. As for rising in excess of 78 km downhill - *sigh* I dont think I want to know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One doesn't mind random guys if they're young and hot... this one wasn't either :(

    ReplyDelete