Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 January 2013

We hate moving !!!

Our New Home
 It's official moving sux, especially when you accumulate as much STUFF as we have.  Thursday was an easy day, I opted for moving, rather than a relaxing 60min swim. And then Friday was a DAY OFF, maybe from training but Im pretty sure running up and down stairs whilst we try to move the rest of our crap is not considered rest !.




Lounge
On Friday night we had some bubbles at the Hancy's to celebrate the new home, actually Liza and I just wanted to cool off in their pool.  Anyway would you believe it ! I have been careful not to drink alcohol, and with one small glass of bubbles I had a major allergic reaction.  The throat was closing up and itchy white lumps were popping up on my body.  Don't worry the sister in law jumped into action and feed me some kids anti-histamine. It must have had some added sleeping agent, cos on the way home I was getting twitching of the legs, and I barely managed to crawl into to bed fully clothed and thats all I remembered until after 8am the following day.
Deck with a View

So missed my usual Saturday Tri Club Brick, buggar.  Since I wasn't feeling 100% and since the house looked like a bomb had hit it, I opted to help Liza with the unpacking and cleaning.  Good job too as it took all day and I reckon it was almost as hard as doing a 6hr brick!!!

But today, Sunday training is back on track as I waved goodbye to Liza and headed off on the bike to meet the NZ Cyclist group.  The plan is a 6hr ride, so I thought I would do 2/3 hours with them and finish off on my own.  Unfortunately it was 6.5 hrs before I made my way home, head winds and side gusts made for a hard ride.  I didn't do many k's for the time on the bike, but I understand it's all about time in the saddle.
Kitchen

I was so tired, I text Liza on my way back from Helensville, I knew I would exceed 6 hours so I hoped she would read between the lines and offer to pick me up.  In hope I checked my phone every few mins, but no such offer &^%!!.  So I pulled my head in, realizing this will be nothing compared to race day.  And when I finally got hom she wasnt even home !!! whats that all about ah !!.  Well turns out she was driving around looking for me, if only she had sent a text ???

I was so buggared from the ride, for a split second I did contemplate not doing the 15min run, but compromised and made Liza walk around the block with me.

2 comments:

  1. why did I not send a text you may ask - well I wrongly assumed that sending a text was poor form when you are riding on a bike. I thought I would cause an accident if I sent a text, so instead I drove the streets looking for Chris but to no avail. I did try!!! And after 3 days of moving I too am buggered so know how Chris feels. So glad that we are in - its great being in our own lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume these are the before shots? You have WAY more crap than that.... Does Sooty love it? I assume you celebrated Australia Day for him on Saturday? (We celebrated with roast lamb and pavlova!) Fiona

    ReplyDelete