Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day One of Training Leave

Funny or not!, I told someone at work on Monday that I was moving to part-time and they apologised ?? I assume they thought my hours had been cut.  But NO I am taking 36 days annual leave.  Day one of this leave was on Tuesday.  And can you believe after weeks of awesome weather I get rain and wind.

On the cards was a mid-week BRICK session, starting with a 90min squad swim down at Birkenhead pool.  Unfortunately for me, today was a 800m time trial followed by 8x 100 maintaining this same pace.  On top of all the butterfly I was buggared when I got home.

As directed I scoffed some breaky, got changed and headed out on the bike for a few hours.  After the blow out on Sunday and with the wind and rain, I was a bit of a nana.  Not feeling too comfortable on the downhills and weary whilst in the aero bars.  If I had been using these on Sunday there is no doubt it would have been messy, as no easy access to the brakes. 

The run was hard, and was more a run/walk.  If I am walking Im trying to make sure I do it at pace.

I really enjoyed the nap on the couch ! especially knowing I didnt have to work.  I did fell bad that I didnt get any boxes packed, oh well :)

1 comment:

  1. Well it seems to have been a long time coming but bring on the training leave - nice one! I hope that you will have time for some boxes too :)

    ReplyDelete