Powered By Blogger

Saturday 19 January 2013

Tour De Ranges

Camp Mother at Start Line
Saturdays are normally reserved for BRICK, but today we competed in the Tour de Ranges Road Ride Race, 110k around Clevedon. And for extra fun, coach added a run off the bike.  Todays objective, don't fall off and don't get injured and enjoy the time on the bike.  For me it was also an opportunity to rebuild bike confidence after Sundays blow out.

Awesome day, blue skies and wonderful scenery! Too bad about the damn head wind from midpoint all the way home.  Brought our 30k average down to a mere 25k.

Graham (left) and Jason at Start Line
During the race the team (pictured) was split as everyone overcame their own challenges, Jason got a puncture, I was being a nana on the down hills, Julie's longest distance so far and Camp Mother well she was just on fire!.   I managed to stick with her up snake hill (last major hill in the race around the 80k mark) but then she was gone on the downhill and that was the last I saw of her until the finish.  Well done girl!
Julie (left) and me at the Start Line




I must admit my legs were pretty tired and the thought of a run was not so inspiring, however with approx 40 days until the main event, fear set me on my way, running laps of the carpark paddock.

Tour Results

1 comment:

  1. Awesome effort! It scares the crap out of me when I think about the roads you ride on, but I guess there is safety in numbers! Good work CM for a great ride!

    ReplyDelete