Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Great BRICK

It's Tuesday and the first HARD session for the week, starting with a squad swim from 6am.  Then whip home at 7am, shovel down some breaky (yoghurt and muesli and of course COFFEE) and slip into the cycle gear (wore my xmas cycle pants from nieces and nephew, they were great!).  Raced out of the house at 7.40am to hook up with CM for the 3.5hr ride.

The great things about riding with CM, she has already decided the route, and she knows the area well in case we need to make on the fly changes.  Always willing to share her knowledge, after all she is my specialized cycle coach! and she keeps me honest.  It was a good hard ride today in the wind and heat, only cos I needed to keep pace with her.

On the food front I took two pieses of toast with marg and jam.  Although one hint, when you eat this on the bike be aware how you hold it as bugs stick to the marg/jam side, and although add to the protein intake, I found them a little gritty.  For fluids I had one bottle of carb drink and one bottle of water with electrolites, ran out of both, but unlike Tour De Ranges I stopped at a servo to refill the water.  In all consumed 3 bottles.

Ditched the bike at home, threw on the runners and hat then headed out the door. oops after I had downed a full gel and a half bottle of water YUK!.  But managed an awesome run, good and strong for 40mins, focusing on form.  It was so blinkin hot that when I reached the diary all I could think about was Jasons prior discussions about lemonade ice blocks.  Thank goodness they only cost $1.80 as I managed to find a $2 coin in my cycle pocket.  Wah hoo !!! So yes for the next 30 mins I walked home and enjoyed the ice block.  Swung by the real estate agents to pick up the keys to our new house, posession today.

I love that feeling, when your buggared, but you know you earned it !  Im really going to enjoy my nap on the couch and then later a dip in the in-laws pool.  :)

1 comment:

  1. its good that you are getting a handle on fluid intake and nutrition. And it would appear there is a magic something in lemonade ice blocks :)

    ReplyDelete