Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 January 2013

Another killer session

Wednesday again and time for a 3 hr run after a 6 hr BRICK yesterday.  Only this week I knew what I was in for (from last weeks experience), although contemplated not going for about 2 secs, I geared up and got to it.  Did this session on my own, just like yesterday.  Which in a way is good, since it will be a mental challenge on the day :)

Awesome hot and sunny day, headed out around 2.30pm, was sweeting within the first few metres.  I had solid food for lunch so was a bit weary, but waited 1 hr later, and consumed in total 3 normal sized bottles of fluids.  All was good no stomach issues etc...  Yay!!

Was concerned my run/walk is still to slow.  And I know race day is not likely to be much faster as my legs will be just as tired, if not worse !.  But I managed to clock up just over 20k in just under 3 hrs with both running and walking.  So Im thinking this is ok, especially since I reckon I will have 8 hrs to do the marathon.

Scored a massage tonight! sweet, now part of a weekly routine.  And especially great as the legs were certainly weary and stiffing up.  

See my run route below:

2 comments:

  1. Ow sorry you're training on your own, but I'll be there with you this Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup you will be ok on the day - if you can manage the marathon in 6 hours ish - you will be doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete