Powered By Blogger

Sunday 20 May 2012

Thanks goodness I won!

First event since I started training for March 2nd 2013. And I gotta say I was a tad nervous this morning. Liza was also competing and I was under the gun to kick butt, especially since I have been training for longer. It was the XTERRA Auckland run series for off road running, today we entered the short course i.e. 7k. Lucky for me there were hills and more hills, so had the opportunity to run away from by beautiful wife, who I know would have been cursing her way around the course :) (love you honey!). Anyway not a great time approx 54min but can’t compare to a flat track, as it was not.

In two weeks we (I) have another race but this time the plan is for the mid course 10-15k. So better get some running under my belt.

Good thing also is that we meet up with a couple of ladies from the tri club, so I chased one and Liza ended up chasing the other with lots of high 5′s and a good laugh at the end. They tell me they have convinced Liza to join them for group rides on a Sunday, which is awesome because they are the same level as Liza and will encourage each other! Then we can all meet at the end for a coffee and wild story telling.

Anyway a good weekend of activity, now just need to work it into the week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    May 20, 2012 7:04 am

    cheeky so and so. Yes it was very hilly, in fact it startedon a hill and it was gift that kept on giving for the first 2km, but then just in case you hadn’t had enough – they got us to run up the same blinkin hill a second time, plus added in two more killers, and finished on sand?@!

    Great to get out and do it. If I hadmanaged a win, Chris would not have lived it down, so just as well she kicked butt.

    Great job honey and yes – the running needs prioritising, so keep up the good work.
    well done xxx

    ReplyDelete