Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sunday morning rides

ooh ahh ! Im loving these sunday morning group rides. This week we completed a sweet 60k, approx 3 hours with some hills. Im not shy to say I was buggared when we got back and the last hill seemed like a mountain. Coach would like me to tackle K2, a 200k race around the coromandal so I guess I better start loving the hill work eh! Strategy is mind games, if I can knock off one of the hardest road bike races then I can do a 180k flatish ride in the ironman.

The great thing is that there are a few folks in the tri club looking to do K2, so we are planning a monthly training ride in the waitaere ranges, I hear they are full of hills! And if I can drag my butt over these I should be in better shape for K2.

Would you believe it, my stupid bike computer turned itself off during the ride, and just when I was reaching the extreme end with the dame thing, wouldn’t you know it :) in the mad monday sale the Garmin Edge 500 was on sale for $110 off the price. Lucky for me, the wife loves me and brought me this new gadget. All I need now is 30min spare time to have a play. :) Many thanks my love. xx

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    May 16, 2012 2:02 am

    I had a quick squizz at the new computer – I think you might need more than 30 mins to get this puppy rocking and rolling and ready to go – but its an awesome wee device. I look forward to the hand me down when you find a new gadget! xxx

    ReplyDelete