Powered By Blogger

Friday 18 May 2012

A downer week :(

This week would be the worst week since training kicked off. Its Friday morning and hence should be my day off, however given I have had a day off on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Im picking I need to get out for a run at the minimum. Had my doctors appointment yesterday, need to be more consistent at the usual i.e. at least 8 hours sleep not just 6 or 7, have my iron tablets everyday and continue to push the protein although I find it more difficult to digest. Awaiting on the blood test results, will be interesting to see how the iron is holding up.

Here are my excuses …. winter is here! It has been raining so hard that it has pushed out the hot water from the outdoor pool, it has got so cold you had to wear a wetsuit, I know! This may have been one of the reasons why I didn’t managed to drag myself out of bed on Tuesday and Thursday for a swim. Then running in the pooring rain was not so appealing either :( and work has just been a bit an emotional roller coaster, although nothing I can’t handle, cos to be frank I love my wife more than I will ever love work!!

2 comments:

  1. Liza
    May 18, 2012 1:38 am

    every now and again – work and weather and anything else beginning with a W will cause interruptions to your training. Electrical storms, horrible weather and horrible work all make it hard to get on top of training. So a switch has to be flicked – and then you will be back on track again.
    Tomorrow it is the brick session and Sunday is the Xterra short race in Shakespeare Bay – which we are both doing. So training gets back on track, and then you need to get tough on yourself and schedule in your training next week without work becoming an excuse or anything else. I so understand how hard it is to be motivated and better a down week now than in 6 months time!!
    Work schmirk!!! I love you heaps Chris – you are doing really well and your training is already getting you results. Hang in there and remember how much I love you !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael
    May 18, 2012 8:09 am

    Stink work is getting in the way of your training – you have a lot on your plate but I am sure you will get back on the training wagon from next week. Like Liza says better to have a downer day with 287 days until race day rather than closer to it. Hope the brick session and bike ride go well this weekend. Good luck and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete