Powered By Blogger

Thursday 22 March 2012

Morning Coffee


mmm… my breakfast coffee never tasted so good! For me, there is nothing like the satisfaction of sitting on the couch with a mug of coffee (with 4 sugars!, yes I have many sweet teeth) whilst your body recovers from a session in the pool. After a late night, Liza took me out for a suprise dinner at the skycity revolving restaurant (nice work!) and a 5.30 start this morning I have to admit Im feeling slightly tired.

There is alot of talk at training about the Ironman entry for 2013, special entry opened yesterday, unfortunately only for those who had an entry for 2012. Rumours say Friday, but I am checking the website at least four times per day.

Back again .. now into the evening, just checked the Ironman website and public entries open 10am April 5th, so… I have just setup a meeting to all our email so no matter where I am a reminder will flash me! Again sipping my coffee on the couch where I started this morning. Liza has just had a tester spray tan so we have to stay up for another hour or so for it to set, apparently!.

First run clinic today at lunchtime a Vic Park. Its been a while since I had to skip and wave my arms about, and I did it in a busy domain!. Hope nobody recognised me !. Only 45min-1hour but I felt like I had been on a run, especially when we did 1min fast, 2 min jog and repeat 6 times. I had to drag my sorry self out of the car and into the shower for the second time today. Not sure how I managed to bluff my way through this afternoons meetings.

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    March 23, 2012 2:02 am

    exciting times now that you know when the Ironman entries open, so I am glad you have it in all our calendars to remember to log in that day. Today was your first run session – so you have covered off all the disciplines now – well done!! Your pick of coach seems to be working out well, we will miss her when she trots off to have her bubs, but dont worry – I will help keep you on the straight and narrow. :)
    Now we just have to work out how to find balance – between work, training and play!! Infinitely achievable I am sure!

    ReplyDelete