Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Dont kill me Grandad!


Poor Liza!, she decided to join me last night for her first wind trainer session, and it was only my second time. Unfortunately for us, grandad, a key member of the Tri Club, aged 70+, was taking the class. Goodness me he just goes and goes like an energizer battery and as we found out he is not shy in pointing out to all that you are not in the correct gear. My begging pleas, “your not allowed to kill us on day one and day two” were merely responded with “you guys are just having a laugh”. Believe me there was no laughing, just trying to breath !!!! But its OK coach had prewarned me, so it was like water off a ducks back. :)

Im well into week 2 of the year long plan. The average training week is looking like this:
Mon – 45min running drills
Tue – 90min squad swim (am) and 60min wind trainer session (pm)
Wed – 50min run
Thu – 90min squad swim (am) and 45min running drills (noon)
Fri – DAY OFF!
Sat – Brick session i.e. 60min ocean swim, 60min bike, 15min run
Sun – 50min to 70min run OR 90min to 100min bike (alternate)
*** In between need to fit in a couple of 20min pilates sessions, to align body and build core.

I feel tired just typing it …….

2 comments:

  1. Liza
    March 27, 2012 8:26 pm

    two words – bike bum. But hey thats my own fault for being slack and not hopping on the bike for a couple of months. Grandad could do with lightening up a bit!! But it was cool to see where Chris is training, meet some of her fellow crazy triathlon buddies, and I am sure it will get easier?! Chris – you looked like a natural, and unlike myself – don’t need a towel under your bike. You have a great group of people supporting you – woohoo!!! Good job honey – now its a 50 min run today. (hear that whip cracking)!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula
    March 28, 2012 7:16 am

    Nice blog! Go hard, and happy belated birthday from us! Xxx

    ReplyDelete