Powered By Blogger

Monday 26 March 2012

Learn how to run

When I was young I avoided running anyway I could, in fact in one year I managed to con my swim coach into writing a note to excuse me from running at school. Nice work I thought!. Never thinking one day that I might actually want to run and here I am learning how to run. I now attend running drill sessions twice per week. I am told good technique ensures you use the correct muscles i.e. quads, hams and bum, rather than calfs, also relaxed shoulders open chest and assist in breathing, which is obviously important! Unfortunately I don’t feel any of these benefits, damn it!!! But Im told over time I will. So heres hoping ah ….

Again Iam enjoying my morning coffee, enjoying a moment of peace, after a swim squad session this morning, before kicking into work mode. This would have to be my new favourite time of the working day. But it goes to quick …..

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    March 26, 2012 9:06 pm

    well the good news is thee are still 48 weeks to go to perfect the fine art of running! Its interesting when you watch the iron man races, no matter how good a swim or bike component you have, if you can nail the run, it seems this is often times the make or break part of the event. So its good that they are concentrating on technique for you right from the get go. I suspect some good core strength may help too! Ah so many parts of the body to tune up! Thankfully there is plenty of time. Week 2 of the training and so far so good – keep it up!!! you are managing to ride through the “cant be arsed” feelings and keeping going – which is awesome. Well done again!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete