Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 June 2012

Practice a Dolphin Dive, Really?


Yup definitely a Tri Club, as I have never practiced dolphin diving or draft swimming in a pool before. This Saturday’s brick (swim session) had us swiming for 20min practing drafting off the swimmer in front, an interesting experience and I think more fun for the person in the draft rather than the person leading. Unfortunately it only proved what I already know, the lane have evicted me and forced me to go up a lane. Which is OK but I have been relucdant because the next lane already has a large number of swimmers. Lets see what happens.

I felt strong today, probably because I have really had a week off training, apart from a few sessions. The bike was fun and the run was comfortable, which is not normally the case. I was planning for a good ride on Sunday however the pooring rain and slippery surface has scared me off. Not so keen to get sick or fall off. So I have decided to get some work done to help with another busy weekend ahead.

Next weekend I have a 20k off road run as part of the Xterra series, I havent run 20k for a while sh should be an interesting challenge especially off road and in the mud.

1 comment:

  1. well I did not really know what a dolphin dive was until you explained it - and hey - tri specific training is probably all good. You are such a swimming purest!!
    Glad to hear you are feeling strong again - you have a tough challenge this weekend, so take it easy honey xxx Well done on getting back on track a bit more this week xx

    ReplyDelete