Powered By Blogger

Sunday 10 June 2012

Mud and lots of it!

The Xterra Riverhead run today was interesting and heaps of fun, my type of ‘off road’. You know everyone talks about the mud but its not until you experience it!!. It took me 2:11 for 12k, seems a bit long, but hills/mud ^%$&^! Perhaps this should be expected. Especially when I got home and learned Liza had been for a 14k run in 1:45. Must have been the mud and mountains hehe.

A girl running next to me slipped off the track into the dirty puddle, expected!, but we all had a laugh when she was suddenly waist deep. Then approx. ½ k from the end there were 2 ladies in white t-shirts, I assume had done the short course which I suspect had less mud, cos they took about 10min to get themselves over this large puddle. I think they got more wet from the other folks already covered in mud who just barrelled thru it. Funny :)
Continuing to have work and training clashes during the week!, managing to get all training done in the weekends. Unfortunately weekends only make up 2 out of 7 days of the training week.

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    June 11, 2012 10:08 am

    Yup – I can vouch for the fact that you were seriously muddy when you returned home!! Total madness all this off road running – but you did he 12km and that is awesome – well done – massive effort, No one ever needs to know about the nap when you got home :) :)

    ReplyDelete