Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Spinning out of Control

Spinning out of control, is how I feel ... desparately trying to get my environment (home, work and personal) back into an orderly LIST!.  I have been so busy lately I hardly know what to tackle first, unfortunately it impacts on my training plans. Last night I was to go swimming but missed the opportunity with meetings over running then again today I was going to sneak away until lunch time and go for a long ride with a mate.....

I have written a list and today I plan to make a start at ticking each one off and hopefully at least feel like I am achieving something....if I can get work back in control it will allow time for personal.

I did meet with coach yesterday .... we revisited the proposed objective of doing K2, it was mainly about going the distance..with this in mind I have decided not to do K2 this year but tackle it, as its own event next year.  Support buddies have committed to going the distance at another time, plus I have the opportunity to pick up long rides with them as they train for Round Taupo. 

Also means I can now help to support Liza as she heads into the final prep for her chosen challenge, the Auckland Marathon.  My opportunity to take on a support role.

1 comment:

  1. Help - I need all the support I can get as I struggle with this challenge. Thanks honey - you have been great at refocussing me. And you're right - you will do plenty of mileage between now and ironman, and Carron has committed to doing a big ride with you as she achieves her own goals. So chin up - things will get back under control soon :)

    ReplyDelete