Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 October 2012

Race Day Simulation

Lunching with the squad
Wind Trainer Session  :(
Half Ironman Training Camp this weekend, well sort of, the weather has turned to beep beep beep meaning we will swim in the pool rather than the ocean and wind train instead of road riding, and we know how much I hate winder trainer !!!.  Plus we are not actually going anywhere, just hanging in Auckland, so really just like a normal Saturday brick... with an afternoon catchup and chit chat with mates.

Kick off at 8.15am, but need to arrive early to setup the bike etc... into the water for a few lengths warmup, then all on for a 2k swim, that is 60 lengths of the pool.  The consensus in the changing room is everyone lost count around lap 10, so I waited until the fastest guy in our lane finished, then added a few more lengths as figured he must have lapped me a few times.  Anyway jumped out at around 38mins which was ok for a steady swim.

Now dam it onto the blinkin bike, and the best news of all, the 2 hour clock doesnt start until everyone is out of the water so anything between now and then is extra.  I did contemplate hanging out in the changing shed, but that might have been a bit obvious.  I did volunteer my music today, wary that some may not find Neil Diamond inspirational ??, it was infact Liza's ipod which I stole. I guess most liked it as there were a few singalongs and a request for a copy.  mmmm perhaps she does have some good music taste ??

2hour 15mins and 75k later, it was off with the bike and on with the shoes, for a run down to Birkenhead wharf and back.  The downhill is nice on the way out, even with the wobbly legs, but the uphill on return sucked.  At one point I was run two lamp posts, walk one.

Yum Yum
After a mere 3hour and 50min session, it was rush home for a shower and back to someones home for lunch, see the spread and that was after we had eaten, thats what you get when you hang with Iron Maori guys, sweet !!!  Coach talked on nutrition and race day preparartions.  Now I was temped to bring along some beer, but as the talk was on what we should and shouln't put into our bodies I didn't think it would be proper.  Actually I just didn't want to get any ribbing from everyone :).  My beauitiful wife wipped up some muffins as my contribution, I think I eat everyones food but mine, oops.  But the muffins were great, lots of kisses xxx



 

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful spread of food!And hey well done for toughing it out today - the weather has been terrible and today really was no exception. Godd on Carron for managing to be there for the indoor wind training session too!!!

    ReplyDelete