Powered By Blogger

Sunday 21 October 2012

Look who I met on the Street

World Series Podium, Andrea in 3rd
Yes it has been a few days since my last post, and yes that means the training has been a little lite and work has been overwhelming.  In short I have a project needing fulltime attention and on top I am now supporting a speedy QA, UA and Field Test, all within the next 7 weeks. A sweet combination for a perfect storm, therefore need to put focus on it now, hence early morning finishes and early morning wake ups.

However, what a awesome distraction to have family up to stay this long weekend. And it happens to be the ITU World Series Race in Auckland. :). Managed to sneak away yesterday for an unexpected ride with a buddy, we only had 1.5 hours approx, so we headed towards Albany and did some hill repeats up Albany hill.  Gee, never thought I would say that given 6 weeks ago I had been too scared to even contemplate riding up this hill. Just reminds you how far you have come.  Shhh but managed to beat my previous downhill record, 63.3kph, don't tell Liza..... :)

Me, Andrea and Liza
Yesterday we all (including family) went to watch the Elite Womans Race of the ITU Grand Final, and wouldn't you know it ! We bumped into Andrea Hewitt on the street, see photo.  She had just been crowned no. 3 in the world, see the other podium picture.  Nice work !!!

This morning was mean't to be another ride, but decided to hang this morning with the kids and watch Ben 10, Scooby Doo and other exciting programs :) whilst the rest of the family slept.  Thanks to my regular early morning starts I was wide awake by 6am, so it was kinda cool to have the kids to hang with ...... I promise to go for a run later.... promise.

1 comment:

  1. great weekend, and awesome results from everyone we knew at the world champs. The kids were awesome and as always it was wonderful to have the family in town. Scares me witless how fast you are riding down hill these days, please be careful!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete