Powered By Blogger

Sunday 14 October 2012

A promised sleep in

Last night we went to dinner with mates, we were the old couple who trundled off home at 9pm, they thought it was because we are newly married and wanted some quite time, but I can assure you it was straight to sleep when we got home.  How exciting we are !

Sunday morning and I have the day off from training, so promised Liza a sleep in.  Unfortunately the consistently early mornings mean't I was wide awake at 6am.  So I fetched a coffee, sat up in bed and read the property press.  When I read that I got the laptop ... not sure it was the sleep in Liza was expecting, waking up to the sound of me taping on the keyboard, Buggar! Sorry :)

I have noticed over the last 2-3 weeks my legs have been getting tighter, especially up around the gults (bum).  Must be all the bike riding ?? but when I then run my legs from my butt to the back of my knee start to cease, then my hips are painfull and I struggle to strid out and I get a wee wobble on.  So buggar that, hence today off to the massage lady we went (both Liza and myself). 

As always I love to give Liza a bit of jib as her calves are normally so tight that when lightly touched she almost leaps off the table.  And no change today however she got some paypack when it came to my turn on the table.  The masseuse confirmed the gluts (butt) was very tight and proceeded to dig deep and stretch it out (or whatever it is they do??) I can tell you I was almost hitting the ceiling.  Lucky me, as part of the training plan this will now become a regular treat, yeah right!  More a monthly/fortnightly torture....

1 comment:

  1. I will take a sleep in any day - and it was still a great one as I am sure I dropped back off to sleep after you grabbed your coffee. The massage was all good the legs feel like they have renewed vigor!
    Keep up the good work with your training honey - and you are up to blog entry number 97 - woohoo!
    Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete