Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 October 2012

A Wonderful Morning

Yesterday (Wednesday) I had a wee sleep in as both Liza and I worked late last night, as a result we missed our run with the Crew.  But sounds like that was a good option as they slugged out 80min on hills with tried legs. But plans were to meet down at Takapuna Beach at 5.15pm for a swim and maybe do the Run/Swim Series, Race 1.

Come 5pm Im slipping into my togs whilst on a work telecon.  Thank goodness we don't have video conference !!.  By the time I got to the beach approx. 5.20pm, I had assumed they would be in the water already, so I lugged my stuff and headed to the water edge.  Waving out to a group of bobbing heads in the distance a small wave washed over my feet #$%@!! COLD and then it started to rain .... after 10min of frantic waving and NO acknowledgement I thought blow this and headed back to the car.

As folks were arriving for the Swim/Run Series I tried to sneak away only to be sprung by a training colleague, dam it!.  Oh what a shame I forgot to bring my running shoes :) !!  Anyways at ride group this morning it was revealed that neither of them went swimming and I was the only buggar to show ....

What a wonderful morning, no rain and only a breeze.  Another 5.30am start with the Quay St guys, folks are trying add more distance to the ride so today we took an extra detour, see map below.  If you are ever thinking of buying a house, which we are, then I recommend riding in the local neighbourhood, there are some areas which have noticeable cold spots. 

PS Nice to see Liza at breakfast at the cafe this morning, after her run!

Some refer to the little loop at the point as the nipple :)

1 comment:

  1. But not on the lovely North Shore Chris. Its 3 degrees warmer over here.
    Thou sounds like we should go for some long morning rides just to make sure. I know all the hills. See you tomorrow morning :)

    ReplyDelete