Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Reflection

Wednesday is normally a run with the girls however today they are travelling or recoverying from a party last night, so an opportunity for me to hit the pavement on my own, take in some of Liza's sounds on the ipod and reflect. 

So Im dreaming about the Ironman 2013 finish shoot and I start to get emotional! (clearly made the right decision to enter) was thinking about Liza's marathon running day buddy and how he had completed the Auckland Ironman, which shows how long ago that was.  But it was interesting to hear how he walked down the finish shoot so he could take in the atmosphere etc... now I had always thought I would try to run the final few metres but then on relfection unless the clock is counting down the final few mins, then why not walk after all you have been out on the course for 16hours (my prediction), why rush the final few metres, why not enjoy the glory?? mmm.....

Buggar a hill... a change of thought ..... so last night Liza and I where thinking we would go for a quite walk along Takapuna beach, yeah right!  Forgot the State Swim series was on, we must have bumped into at least 10 folks whom we had met over the last 6 months through training.  What a difference from my ChCh days when I was training for the Lakehood Half Ironman, 99% of training I did on my own with the guidance of my bro.  Now days it is rare for me to do any session by myself.  How much my life has changed, I have never been so happy! :)

For record purposes this is what my current training program looks like:

M - 60min Running Group (drills etc)
T - 120min ride with Quay St, 60min swim in pool
W - 60 to 90min runnning, 60min Ocean swim at Takapuna
T - 120min ride with Quay St, 60min swim in pool
F - Day Off
S - Brick, with 60min Ocean Swim, 90min Ride, 60min Run off the Bike
S - 4 to 5hours long ride




1 comment:

  1. running on your own can be a dangerous past time - because it gives the mind time to think, but then it can be a good time to collect thoughts as well. Its fantastic that you are happy - because that is what life is all about - so enjoy!!! You have made loads of friends up here and it is so great to see you get such a buzz out of your training and accomplishments. :)

    ReplyDelete