Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 September 2012

New group ride

6am Sunday morning, time to get up for the pending group ride.  Meeting at 7am for a 7.15 departure.  To bad I have spent the last hour coughing up my lungs!.  Poor Liza, no sunday sleep in this weekend, although I had planned to sneak out of the house, seems all the family (who came to stay for weekend, sweet) got up also.  Oops. 

New ride group this morning with nz-cyclists and I gotta say everyone was great and very supportive.  Unfortunately the other two trainee buddies weren't in top form either, one decide to knock off a quick 80k+ on Saturday and the other hard gone hard out all week and had to play a semi final hockey Sunday afternoon.  So... sick and sore we excused ourselves from the group, but only after we promised to return the following week :)  Then rather than the planned 100k+ us sad sacks managed to knock out a good 40k, with hills!!!   See below.....

Now we are not completely slack bums as we agreed to ride a bit further on Tuesday and Thursdays so meeting at 5.30am, rather than 6am.  I think that is commitment!.

1 comment:

  1. Please see my comment re not opening my eyes before 6am.....not sure I am going to like the 5am starts :( But then the supportive side of me comes out and says make the most of the day and push a little further - thanks to Carron and the Tues / Thur ride team for helping motivate Chris to get amongst it!!! Now can any one try and get her sorry ass out on the road for some running? She seems to have many an excuse not to do her running requirement!
    (consider yourself dobbed in!!! Love you honey!!xx)

    ReplyDelete