Powered By Blogger

Saturday 8 September 2012

Break out the red shoes

Another Saturday brick session done and dusted :) Good swim this morning, coach had us doing tri sprints at the end , where everyone leaves the wall at the same time.  It means we all fight for some clear water and it "sort of" replicates race starts in the ocean.  A good opportunity to get pay back for any cross arms etc.. during the session, managed to knock a mate in the head and smack someone with my elbow, but I got swam over and pulled under and got a kick in the side.  So fair all round I reckon, I gave what I got :)

Unfortunately wind trainer session today, but it does represent an opportunity to break out those flashy shoes I won, you know the red bike shoes worth $500+.  Im too embarrassed to wear them in public, in case someone gets the wrong idea and thinks Im really good or a plonker pants who buys all the gears but has no glues!

The small run off the bike was followed by a 'bike skills' session down at Chelsea Sugar carpark.  A riding mate offered to give Liza a few lessons on the bike and I thought I would tag along.  Needless to say the rule, "what goes on tour stays on tour" applies, but did anyone see that dog ????? :)

But we did get attacked by these cute baby ducks .....

2 comments:

  1. Who knew ducks like to try and eat shoe laces? Mind you it was stressful trying not to stand on them too!

    And as for that blinkin dog....

    Bah humbug!!!

    Thanks to Carron for her time today helping a novice understand what this road bike is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dam dog ! No one saw him coming, so what resulted was really unfortunate. Luckily dog and rider were unharmed and all will live to ride another day.

    And I reckon you should be proud to wear those sexy red shoes. Man if I had won a pair of them I'd be singing from the rooftop. Awesome score ! And they Will make you ride better - honest !

    ReplyDelete