Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Holiday guilts

6am sitting in bed with a coffee and listening to the waves crashing into the beach, contemplating a run but continuing to stay in bed..... A good week last week although slipped a little in the final few days as I focused on getting work to a state where I didn't have to take the work laptop. Other than my honeymoon it will be the first holiday for this to happen in the sometime.  Instead poor Liza took hers and has had to race back to NZ for a meeting today.

A normal weeks training session at this stage consists of ...
Monday - 50min run, drills and core
Tuesday - 2hr road ride, 60min swim
Wednesday - 60 - 80 min run
Thursday - repeat Tuesday's effort
Friday - day off
Saturday - normal brick session, 60min of each swim, bike, run
Sunday - long bike ride 5hours +

This week coach has been kind and amended my training plan to include alternative swim, run days just to keep me moving but also to let me enjoy the holiday.  I know when I get back I will be back in line ASAP as I have some training buddies who won't let me slack off.


1 comment:

  1. YEAH !!! No slacking off allowed. Only 162 days to go until Ironman

    ReplyDelete