Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Nite Before ...



Thanks Liza for the early birthday pressie ;) , so I am checking my emails whilst Liza is having a wee snooze (hard work being support you know!).  Anyway there was an email which said the last day for Kona Lottery Entries, now Kona is where the Ironman Worldchamps are held (Hawaii), amongst the lava fields.  

Camp Mother
Some background info for ya, since I have actually been looking at this for a while but not told anyone.  The only way to get entry is to win a qualification spot (that’s not going to happen!), buy an entry on ebay and the money goes to charity (given they can go for $20,000 US, you can be sure that’s not going to happen either) and the final option is to enter the lottery ($40 US) win the right to enter and then complete a qualifying Ironman prior. 

Well um, since Liza was sleeping my fingers took over and before I knew it I had entered the lottery, results released mid-April.  Oh shit I better go tell the wifee ….. all I can say is thank goodness my birthday is later this month and she has never been to Hawaii.  Love you Liza!!! xx

Friday night, nothing to do as the gear is checked in and the stuff required for the swim leg are carefully laid out in our bathroom upstairs, ready for the early morning.  It was an awesome and relaxing evening with family and friends, dinner was lasagne a special request by me and carefully constructed by Fi.  Although I gotta say perhaps a lot more veges hidden within the meat than what is normally allowed in a meat lasagne.  Jill I think you need to share your recipe book with Fi, there are appropriate times to indulge in veges and there are times where it is forbidden.    

Distribution of Supporters Gear, thanks Liza for coordinating!
After a few beers a feed, distribution of the supporters gear and a few laughs we hit the sack around 9.30pm.

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmmm, I did say "what have you entered now!!!" but yes, Hawaii would be a nice trip, and I guess what better excuse to go!!

    ReplyDelete