Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 March 2013

Branded

Yes I know Im a whimp!
I have been talking about it almost as long as I have been training for it! Complete an Ironman and it gives you the right to brand yourself with a IM tattoo, I think they say being INKED. During our time in Taupo it was interesting to see what other folks had.  For me it was something which needed to be discrete, but somewhere I could see it, after all it is for me and nobody else.
Don't panic, it is ink not blood.
On our first day back in Auckland I was enjoying a brunch with Liza, I mentioned "should I get this tattoo" before I knew it Liza had goggled a local palour in Takapuna and we were off to investigate.  I gotta admit I was way more nervous for this than I was lining up for IM on Saturday. 

I rang Mum as soon as I got home, she just laughed.  keep in mind I have no other tattoo's and have previously never had the desire to get one!.  Thank goodness mum offered to break the news to Dad.  Thanks mum :) xx


Final version

2 comments:

  1. And it looks great - its not too big and indeed can be discrete :) I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete