Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 March 2013

The Day After



Finisher Medal

Worst sleep this week, the body is aching. I nod off for a few hours but wake up when I try to move.  Eventually I gave up and let Liza have a sleep-in.  I enjoyed a Nespresso in the lazy boy chair, whilst checking all the texts, emails and facebook comments from Liza’s updates during the race.  They are all fantastic and there are so many of them! 



Steves Trophy for winning his age group
I quickly arrange a massage, thank goodness Julie is in town!. Later in the day we head to the Ironman store for the 3rd but last time to buy “finishers” gear and to get my medal engraved.  Gutted to read the results from the web which had me finish at 14:07:00, so this is what gets engraved to find out later 14:06:59 was the final official time.  I mean nobody takes notice of the seconds therefore 14:06 sounds much better than 14:07.  But I got over that given I was just hoping to finish before the 17hours was up.




Awards Ceremony
Yes I was one of the nobs walking around in my finisher t-shirt, I didn’t care!  It meant I had the right to limp and move slowly. 
We managed to score a few more tickets for the awards evening so Mum, Dad and Camp Mother joined Liza and myself.

1 comment:

  1. Great awards dinner, and so cool to talk to your fellow tri club members who achieved their goals too. I think the Ironman store did pretty well out of this event!!

    ReplyDelete