Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Rewarding ones self

I have been bit slack on updatig the blog over the last few days, simply because a) I have missed a few training sessions and b) the root cause of missing sessions, dam work!!!!  On Monday I worked until 12:30am then woke and at 5am to start work again.  Liza is in the same boat so we are both feeling a little worn out.  What better way to reward yourself and remind you why you choose to work long hours! Let's go shopping, and for those who know us, we won't be satisfied with a new dress from the mall, you will find us at the BMW showroom. 

So yes (sorry P), we have purchased a new 2012 series 1 beemer, similar to that pictured below.  I like to think of it as mine, as Liza got hers earlier in the year.  So now when I get down about working long hours I simply look at the car, smile and get back to it!  Yes we already had a 1 series, but it was blue and I needed one to match my black road bike hehe

Despite a couple of days off, I did get back on board with training today.  Liza and I went for an easy run this morning (as per my program).  First run for Liza since her marathon, I think today confirmed for her that she wont be entering another marathon anytime soon :)  I followed up todays session with a swim at Takapuna Beach this evening.  Since it is blowing a gail you would have thought we would have been better off surfing than swimming, but seems it was sheltered from the wind, an awesome swim with a bit of biff.  A smack round the head, but thats ok cos I gave my fair share :) Love it!!

Was just preparing for tomorrows ride in the morning, but wouln't you know it the roof rack size between a 1 series 2007 and a 1 series 2012 is out by millimetres in both width and length.  After an hour of frustration and before we scratched the new car we have given up.  Brah!!!!  Looks like I will be riding from home.

And its got heated seats! awesome after an ocean swim :)

2 comments:

  1. we are still feeling worn out - but then your new car helps make you feel better every time you look at it. Hopefully work will calm down soon...hopefully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will look good with a bumper sticker or persnalised number plate 'IN4AOE' - yeah right

    ReplyDelete