Powered By Blogger

Sunday 4 November 2012

In need of a Nana Nap

The famous Helensville toilet stop

Sitting on the couch enjoying a coffee from my Nespresso and cheese on crackers, well deserved I think given I just got home from a 130k+ ride with the NZ Cyclists.  Took 5.5 hours, with hills and head winds.

Learn't a big lesson today about going out to hard, and then crawling home buggared! I haven't 'bonked' which is great, means I took on board enough fluids and food.  But I definately feel tired.  In fact I reckon this is how Liza would have felt after her marathon. 

Always start and stop at a cafe :)
Camp mother was on fire today! she was still keeping up with the group in the final 10-20k, I was out back just trying to hang on. Well done you. I have been told since I managed this I will manage Round Taupo Cycle Challenge, although it is another 30k on top.  Makes you think about Ironman, for about 30sec I contemplated going for a run off the bike but then thought better of it.  In Ironman I need to bike 180k, then run off the bike for a full marathon.  According to the counter, it is getting close to 100 days until the big day.  I know the plan is to pick up the long distance training in the 3 months prior, but gosh I got a long way to go!

Todays route and stats

2 comments:

  1. I think you did fantastically to keep up for 130km.
    Given thats the longest ride you've done so far, you did really well. We won't break any speed records around Taupo this year, but at least you'll make it and thats what its all about :) Go You !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so impressed that you did the full 130km. So you may have gone out too hard - but you perservered, pegged it back a bit, and finished. So you are on track honey - for both round Taupo and most definitely the Taupo Half Ironman. And all this also builds you for the full Ironman, the ultimate goal. Awesome effort and awesome support from the wonderful friends you have made. Carron = you are a superstar, and so incredibly supportive - Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete