Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 November 2012

Brick with a Difference

Ocean Swim Briefing
Saturday morning brick, unfortunately not one of those picture perfect mornings! Overcast, raining and a bit of an offshore wind. I had comtemplated skipping training, and was suprised to see so many other Tri club members front up.  One hell of a swell out there today! Luckily we regrouped at every bouy, which gave me the opportunity to keep up with the front (ish) group.  But there were certainly times when the swell prevented me from seeing any other swimmers out there, and the up and down movement was bringing on some serious motion sickness !!! I was glad to exit the water before I hurled .....

From left, Mrs J, Camp Mother, and myself
Still not able to get the dam roof racks on the new car, so drove to Takapuna beach for the swim then headed home for the bike.  Mrs J and Camp Mother joined me for a 90min wind trainer session.  Special support from Liza! Sounds, coffee and muffins ! You can be our support person any time :)  We even went for a run off the bike, the girls carried on down to check out the house Liza and I have been looking at, whilst I managed to run 2 mins before pulling to a walk.  That dam calf muscle giving me grief.  I think I just need to persist on the stretching and book another appointment with the masseur !!

1 comment:

  1. well any excuse to get out of jumping on my bike to ride, so playing dj, cook and general lacky was a better option. Besides I did not actually intend to be up early - but best laid plans and all that! The cat thought you were crazy too. Pretty funny seeing you all on your wind trainers :) But hey - at least you did it. Now we just need to fix that calf muscle.

    ReplyDelete