Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Loserville

I must be a real loser! this weekend we are heading down to Christchurch to see family and friends, which is fabulous, as Dad turned 65 today and has just had a double knee replacement and we always love to see our nephew and nieces.  But at the same time Im thinking I will miss Saturday brick and the Sunday Group ride.  I know ......

Then to make me a double loser ... was speaking with my Bro about the pending hill rides I need to knock off in preparation for K2.  He suggested I take a look at the cassestte on my bike, perhaps I could swap out for a lower gear so easier to ride up the hills.  So I did my reasearch seems he was right .... so we headed down the bike shop to see what could be done.  Personally I was hoping for a miracle that would make hill riding easy, yeah right! 

Not sure if the guy at the shop was practiced at holding a straight face, but I was super embarrassed to learn I was already using the lowest cassette possible for my bike..... Buggar and Dam!  Unfortunately for me it is all down to the motor (me) so looks like I need investigate those performance enhancing drugs :) or just get on with the training ....

1 comment:

  1. lol - we did have a wee smile when the bike shop dude pointed out you were already on a low gear cassette. Ooops! So yes - it would appear a teaspoon of cement is required so that you can harden up!!!
    (Love you!!!mwah mwah !! XXX)

    ReplyDelete