Powered By Blogger

Saturday 21 July 2012

You got to learn to take a bit of hurt!

"You got to learn to take a bit of hurt!" the inspirational remark yelled out during wind trainer class today.   Not sure it was inspirational, but unfortunately very factual.  After a hard swim (60min) and a hard bike (60min) I was happy to sneak out of a run to go watch Miss Amelia play netball.  The most precious moment was the celebration dance after intercepting the ball and passing it on to another, one of the exciting plays earning 'player of the day' not bad for a 5 year old :)

The key swim set today was 2 x 400, 4 x 200 and 8 x 100 wil 10sec res, a quick interchange and into a hard wind trainer with 5 sets of 5min high gear lots of resistance, 30 sec sprint and 3min spin. Tired and sweaty!!!

Todays reward was the collection of a prize I won  for early entry into the Taupo Half Ironman.  See picture, they are super flash and far to expensive and swanky for a simple athlete like myself.  My fear is people will have great expectations of my abilities, then I will jump on the bike and likely fall off just to show how classy I am.  But great colour for a cantab :)

1 comment:

  1. These shoes are super cool - they look good, are very whizzy and I am sure will make a world of difference!! Well if nothing else - they are free and really awesome - yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete