Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 July 2012

Friday Off, not likely!

Being Friday it was mean't to be my day off from training, however as I already had days off during the week I felt the need to get out for a run, so managed to knock off a good 60min steady run with hills.  I ran past the same group of ladies 3 times as I completed a figure 8 around the local streets, down thru the forest and back up colonal road from the sugar factory.  Each time I past them I put ona brave face to indicate I was out for a relaxing run, Im sure the heavey breathing indicated otherwise :)

I am nowhere as fit as I think I should be, certainly I don't feel as fit as I was when I was training for the Lake Hood Half Ironman.  I think the problem is a happy life makes it harder to get out for long periods.  But anyhow my vow for next week is to complete all prescribed sessions, starting from this weekend where I can good hard sessions planned as coach returns from parental leave.  Goodness!

PS: The ping pong balls were used appropriately.  We have a swim drill called fists, and as it sounds you hold your hand in a fist and use the placement of your forearm to catch the water, however some tend to cheat a little (not me ofcourse :) )so those lucky few were given ping pong balls to hold.  Works a treat as you need to form a proper fist to hold them tight.  Nice move coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment