Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 July 2012

Coach is Back, and dont we know it!

Saturday brick time again, today was a special day as coach had her first day back after the birth of her beautiful sporting star!.  Not a good start for me, not able to find room to setup my bike in the wind trainer hall, so when I did the mad dach to the pool, across the skate park from the hall, I was a few minutes late.  Hard to sneak in when everyone is watching, Buggar!.

A good swim session today with a set of 400s and some IMs (one length of each stroke for the uninitiated, butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke and freestyle), certainly a killer if you have not swum them for a while.  Unfortunately I had a wee sickee in the pool, but managed to hold it in my mouth until I reached the bathrooms, good one!.

The ride was hard with some long sets in high gears.  Coach took the session so no opportunity to ease off, although I expect she ran out of words whilst trying to distract us from the sore legs as she revealed this blog to the class.  Nice one, so welcome new readers, although this blog had started as a private affair only distributed to a few, but never mind and it is great to get a ripping when I am feeling down or need a kick in the ass.

The run off the bike was mean't to be a 30-40 min run, clearly I am way slower than everyone else as I took a good 50mins although I suspect I saw more of Le Roys Bush track than others since I seemed to get lost in the various paths available.  However eventually made it back to the car absolutely buggared.  Lucky for me when I got home I was allowed a 2 min shower to get rid of most off the stink before heading our to watch Miss Amelia play netball.

Welcome back coach, just in time to keep me honest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment