Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 July 2012

Pumped for K2

After a good catch-up with coach I am now pumped to get lots of hill riding under my belt and give K2 a crack, then I read the following:

The Cranleigh K2 – 2,300 metres of screaming descent !

The Cranleigh K2 is the toughest one day cycle challenge in the Southern Hemisphere. It is also one of the most scenic and varied with the route traveling through sub tropical forest, pacific coastlines, rural farmland and the Puhutakawa coastline of the Hauraki Gulf.
The event is named after Kuaotunu, an enchanting community on the wild eastern coastline of the Coromandel Peninsula. In Maori, the name Kuaotunu means “to inspire fear in young animals” ! The 2 represents the almost 200km that the ride will cover. 

Then I read the statistics, quickest time is 6 hours and longest 10-11 hours.  Lucky for me, coach has already conspired to get the Sunday ride group ride up the albany hill this weekend! Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment