Powered By Blogger

Sunday 23 December 2012

Day One in ChCh

Bottle lake, awesome forrest track
On track with the training, yeah yeah only one day away so far, but whatever!!  This morning went for a run, was mean't to be 90min steady, but took me 202min to finish the green track then the blue track at my old hunting ground of Bottle Lake Forrest.

A good steady run today, I found out later that both Tina and Andrea had also run the track.  Thank goodness they didn't see me, no doubt they would have raced on by ...

This place brings back great memories!, many a time I have fallen over tree roots etc... as I have been dreaming about my now wife, Liza.  Also did my first Half Ironman training in these woods, used to bike for 90k and head to the Bros, and run from their home.  So often I would try to take a short cut and the first intended 60min run would turn into 2 hours as I tried to find my way home.  Should have stayed on the track!!


Bottle lake, sandy track
Super sandy today, recalled the first time I had taken Liza for a run here, so funny, moaning about the sand hills.  Of course (I said) as I pointed out that the forrest does run along the beach front.  Almost the same conversation my Bro had with his wife several years back :)

Here is the training plan over the next week ...



1 comment:

  1. well the good thing is - you got out there and did the run. And yep - bugger the sand, its horrible when its all through your shoes. I remember last time I had to tip a significant amount of the forest floor out of my shoes as we hit the half way point!! Great job on the run - it all helps!!!

    ReplyDelete