Powered By Blogger

Friday 21 December 2012

And the run training begins ....

City to the left and North Shore to the right
Had a fabulous ride on Thursday, awesome morning! Warm with blue skies what more could you ask for! Today was mean't to be my opportunity to 'pay it forward', just like Camp Mother did with me.  But I did a grap job!, sorry Kellie, I hope you continue to come along even if it gets you out riding on a regular basis.  And soon we hope to get Liza and a few others on board so we can get another group riding together then all meet at the cafe later to tell stories and talk rubbish :)


The happy to finish, bring on the coffee shot :)

Today (Friday) was scheduled for a sea swim only, but as per the previous blog the support committee had other ideas :).  I ran from home and meet them as planned we then did a big loop out and around Takapuna.  On the promise of a coffee at the end and the friendly encouragement I suprised myself and managed to run for a steady 2hours.  Actually it would have been 1hr 50min, if the crew hadnt taken me for a sight seeing tour of the North Shore hospital carpark! I could see the coffee shop, in fact only steps away before the ladies took a sharp right turn.  In protest I STOPPED, but fell for the old 'we wanna show you something', I can confirm the carpark is not that exciting!!

The posed running shot :)
Anyways happy to have finished and Im sure the coffee tasted better, we even managed to squeeze in some stretching, see evidence :)

See we did stretch!










1 comment:

  1. we suspect the streching is also posed!!!!!. Awesome effort everyone and thanks to you all for being so supportive of Chris :) You have no idea how much it means to her (and me) to have such a great bunch of friends helping her on this amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete