Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 April 2012

Bike seat bum, no more!

You get to a point when you no longer feel the consequence of sitting on a bike seat for several hours. After yesterdays ride I can say thank goodness I have reached that point. I had a sweet ride around Takapuna, where they have more bike lanes so although traffic is busier you don’t feel like your life is in danger. Liza joined me this late morning, very proud as she took on a rather steep hill (going down at a great rate of knots) and conquered all the up hills. Nice work honey, thumbs up !

Last year I was a sponsored athelete in that the bike I used was my sister in laws, so not long after moving to Auckland I splurged (with the encouragement of Liza) on a new flashy carbon bike, nice. The first time I took it out I was caught by a gust of wind which almost picked me up and pushed me off the road, just because the bike is so light. I must admit this spooked me a little and hence it has taken time for me and “contessa” (name of the bike) to bond. However after at least 3 bike sessions per week I am finally starting to feel comfortable, I believe Contessa and I will form a lasting relationship :)

Today is April 2nd, with Easter next weekend we only have 10 working days left until we take leave for the big day. OMG gotta go so much work to do ….

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    April 1, 2012 9:33 pm

    Phew – was worried that you and contessa may not be seeing eye to eye – but all it needed was some quality time in the saddle. I look forward to being bike seat fit soon – I definitely still am suffering bike-seat-a-rama today!!
    Can I just say “I hate the hills. ” There I have said it out loud and publicly now. I would be happy to ride in the flats of the wairau basin all weekend if it meant I did not have to ride up lake road’s many hills! Maybe one day it wont be so daunting or sucky, but at the moment, I still hate the hills!!! I really really really dislike them immensly. Curse you volcanic hilly Auckland – your hills are crap!!!
    Great job on the weekend effort Chris, end of week two and those muscles are beginning to refind themselves. Week 3 ahead – a short week of work and a long weekend of easter so plenty of time for running, riding and swimming. Well done and keep up the good work. See you tonight for a run skills session xx

    ReplyDelete