Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 April 2012

Swim swim swim


Wow it seems all of a sudden my swimming seems to be coming together with Saturdays ocean swim and this mornings session at Takapuna Primary School, I felt strong and are moving up the peaking order. Keep in mind this is the SLOW lane! so don’t get too excited.
Watched the ironman on TV this weekend (the half, given the full was cancelled this year). Always find it interesting to hear from the non-elites (i.e. jane and joe). Everyone has a story, something that has lead them down this path. Although I was there, unfortunately I couldn’t spy myself on the footage. Not a movie star yet.

Thanks to those who are leaving comments and showing your support!. Dad yes it will likely take me 16 hours, but all I want is to finish within 17 hours, so you better bring the scones for half time. And to everyone else yes Iam stretching! admittedly initially not as regular as I should, but now that I am starting to stiffen the stretching has become more important. Just got to squeeze in those core exercises.

1 comment:

  1. Liza
    April 10, 2012 8:05 am

    So did you stretch after your swim???
    LOL – Good job for heading off this morning – we knew the swim would be the easy part to get into the swing of. A busy week ahead will make doing the suggested regime difficult, but I’ll be there helping push you out of bed for an early run! And best you get a good ride in and brick session this weekend :) Well done honey – this is beginning of week 4 :)
    ps: grumpy Chris seems to have vanished – phew!!!

    ReplyDelete