Powered By Blogger

Saturday 15 December 2012

I see running in my future

Swim
Another weekend and another Saturday morning BRICK session. 7am at Takapuna Beach, blue skies and flat seas, how wonderful!.

In this mornings session, rather than splitting everyone into groups at the beginning we swam to bouy one and back, then groups were selected as you arrived on shore.  Mean't you were in the group of your ability rather then trying to guess.  Great!.

As we were practicing pack and draft swiming I was thinking of my niece Caitlin and her experience last month in a triathlon where she was smacked in the head and ended up at A&E having xrays.  Same expereince for me today but without the hospital visit. But as mentioned before give as good as you got, and certainly achieved :)

Mrs J joined me and Yvonne for the bike, we did a quick loop (60min) around Milford, Forrest Hill, Devonport and North Head (what a view!!).  During the ride Yvonne and I got the giggles as by some miracle we managed to avoid the flying bullets from above when a few birds flew by ..... very close indeed ...
Bike

I was contented not to run off the bike today, but seems my support crew had other ideas.  I did manage to negotiate it down to a 10-15 min run, although to be honest I felt pretty good.

I met with coach during the week, she has tweaked my Christmas/Holiday program to include more running ..... with a smile she did say I could enjoy my holiday and take a break if needed ....but then also mentioned I needed to be ready for 3hour run sessions from Jan 7th.  Now given this is only a few weeks away I guess it will be running 3 to 4 times per week.  Nice!

I have included some new photos of Taupo Half, enjoy :) 


FINISH !

No comments:

Post a Comment